Sunday, December 10, 2017

BAREFOOT CONTESSA'S BALSAMIC ONIONS









I did a baked onion search and often people like to add a little white or brown sugar if they find the baked onions too pungent.

I did not add any sugar. (Lower calorie and fairly healthy). I think a little sugar can remain an option if desired.

BAREFOOT CONTESSA'S BALSAMIC ONIONS


3 small red onions 
1/4 cup + 2 TB Good Balsamic Vinegar...........(add The Last 2 TB after Baking)
1/4 cup good olive oil 
1 teaspoons kosher salt 
1 /2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Cut the onions in 1/2 and slice 1/4-inch thick, toss with: 

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.

Place on a baking sheet.


Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the onions are tender. 

Remove from oven and toss with 2 more tablespoons balsamic vinegar and cool to room temperature

3 comments:

  1. This one is getting copied out right now and made this week. I love baked onions, and I know this one sounds like one I will LOVE. Thanks Linda.....I am so glad that you do all the searching you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for sharing at the What's for Dinner Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try this one. Thanks Linda..

    ReplyDelete